It is only by grounding our awareness in the living sensation of our bodies that the "I Am", our real presence, can awaken.
Do you believe your body is a teacher?
Think of all the ways your body communicates with you. What are the messages you are receiving from your body? How do you receive the messages? Are you curious, open, attentive or do you brush off the messages until they get so loud you can’t ignore them? Maybe a little bit of both?
Having an open dialogue with the body provides us with a lot of information about what is going on in our lives, both literally and symbolically. With this awareness we gain insights into how we could be nourishing ourselves to create more balance and healing.
In my practice, the most common complaints or concerns that clients are coming in with are:
- Acute and chronic muscle or joint pain, stiffness, tension, cramping
- Physical weakness & fatigue
- Digestive issues
- Poor sleep quality
- Mental & emotional stress
If you experience any of these symptoms, I recommend asking yourself what foods, emotions, activities, movements, environments, people and/or belief patterns:
*Give me energy or take my energy?
*Interfere with my health and well-being?
Reflecting on your answers to these questions will provide some feedback about how your body feels and why you may be experiencing some of your health concerns. These insights could potentially ignite your fire to take action and make some positive shifts in your ways of eating and lifestyle.
What are some of the benefits of being attentive to the messages of the body?
- Feel more grounded and centered.
- Discover ways to nourish through food and lifestyle that will support your ability to find balance.
- Reduce pain, tension and discomfort in the body.
- Trust your body’s inner wisdom and make healthier choices.
- Improve your energy & mood.
- Reduce and prevent inflammation in the body that contributes to more stress, pain and chronic diseases.
There are many ways to connect with the body, some examples being: massage, breath work, mindful eating, meditation, yoga and guided imagery. I’ve recorded a 3 minute visualization on grounding your energy from the book Quantum Healing by Deanna Minich, PhD. I hope you enjoy the visualization and that it contributes to a sense of peace and balance to your whole being.
Visualization for Grounding